The Ericsson Innovation Awards 2016 is an open competition for students all around the world.
This year the competition is all about cities. Today, more people live in cities than in rural areas, and by 2050, about 70 percent of the world’s population is expected to reside in urban areas. Ensuring that our cities are creative, connected and sustainable is a major challenge but also an opportunity to improve the lives of billions of people along with the health and future of the planet itself. What is your next big idea?
The contest consists of one (1) competition category, the student category.
To be eligible to be part of a team participating in the student category – such person (“student”) shall (i) be a student of higher vocational and academic studies; (ii) register himself/herself for the contest by completing and submitting a team application form at www.ericssoninnovationawards.com; and (iii) be part of a team consisting of 2-4 students.
Dates to remember
- September 18- November 30: Phase 1 – Registration and submission. Register your team
- November 30-December 17: Open voting and Ericsson jury evaluation
- December 18: Semi-finalists announcement. 10 teams announced that make it into semi-finals
- December 19-February 11: Phase 2 – Development of a Minimum Viable Product, etc. Working with Ericsson experts to develop your idea.
- February 19: Finalist announcement. 4 teams announced that have made it into the grand final
- Date TBD: Award ceremony / final event in Stockholm, Sweden